You can learn much more about available services, mediation, court process, separation, divorce and the law by visiting us at one of our Family Law Information Centres (FLIC)
New! Virtual Services
Free Family Law Information
The Family Law Information Centre (FLIC) is an excellent resource for anyone needing information about separation and divorce. The FLIC for Toronto’s Superior Court of Justice is located at:
361 University Ave, Suite 146 (ground floor)
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1T5
The FLICs at the Ontario Courts of Justice are located at:
311 Jarvis Street (ground floor)
Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2C4
47 Sheppard Avenue East (main floor)
Toronto, Ontario, M2N 5X5
Hours of operation for all locations are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Read the court notices here for updates on hours of operation during COVID-19.
The IRC can:
- refer clients to the Family Court Support Worker program.
- help you understand court processes.
- help you access legal advice including Legal Aid Duty Counsel if you qualify
- give you information about our free and subsidized mediation
- help you decide which dispute resolution process might be best for you.
- help you register for the Mandatory Information Program, a free information session about separation and divorce.
(NOTE: the IRC is not a lawyer and does not provide legal advice.) for more information about family mediation from the Ministry of the Attorney General: View Family Mediation Services
Our Information and Referral Coordinator (IRC), is in the FLIC every week day to give you information about services in your language and community, including counseling, help for abused women and men, addiction support, child and family support, interpreters, etc. IRCs are available by telephone to serve you every day from 9-5. You can reach an IRC by sending an email to one of these addresses:
[email protected] or 416-250-6161
[email protected] or 416-326-1694
[email protected] or 416-977-0718