Getting Help With Your Family Law Matter During Covid-19
In recognition of the current challenges faced by parents and families, Advice and Settlement Counsel (ASC) panel members continue to offer services using non-contact forms of communication such as Zoom technology and by telephone. A list of available panel members can be found below.
Changes to our protocols may include:
- Reviewing and executing retainers, intake forms and other documents through scan, photo and/or email.
- Providing summary advice on family matters.
- Providing summary advice on mediated agreements and back-up documentation that have been provided through an on-line platform.
- Drafting temporary and final proposals to resolve family law issues (including offers to settle).
The first hour of services continues to be billed at a rate of $ 226 (inclusive of hst). Payment can be made by e-transfer or credit card, as agreed to by the client and the lawyer. Payment is required to be made when services are rendered.
Panel members may be prepared to continue the retainer at an agreed upon billing rate, or they can make referrals to the Family Law Limited Scope Project.
Additional services that may be provided include but are not limited to the following:
(1) drafting urgent motions; and,
(2) drafting court document for use once the courts return to the usual operations such as: preparing financial statements, drafting Applications and Answers.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org